We’re getting together as a family this bonfire night to enjoy some fireworks and some food at my sister’s new house. She previously lived in a flat, so didn’t have any space to host an outdoor display, but she now has a large garden, so we’re all looking forward to really getting to enjoy this firework season together. Here are just a couple of super simple recipes for you to whip up if you’re hosting or attending a display of your own. Recipes adapted from BBC Good Food.
Toffee Popcorn Bark
- 200g white chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- 60g toffee popcorn
- Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls. While leaving to cool slightly, line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour three quarters of each chocolate into the baking tray, swirling together to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle the toffee popcorn all over the top.
- Drizzle over the remaining chocolate and pop in the fridge until set. When you’re ready to serve, break or cut into pieces.
Mulled Apple Juice
- 1 litre apple juice
- Peel of 1/2 orange, cut into strips
- 1 cinnamon stick, plus extra to garnish
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with some orange peel and an extra cinnamon stick.