Yes, this seems like an odd choice to follow yesterday’s post about workout gear, but I’m not someone who believes in depriving yourself of something sweet and tasty every now and again, in amongst all the healthy stuff and the keeping active. I’ve been doing a ton of working out myself this weekend and have gotten into much better eating habits already this 2015, so I feel like if I want to have something a little less healthy every once in a while then I will go ahead and just do it, without the guilt. These little beauties are a very lovely treat too, if you ask me. Sweet and delicious, they’re just right for an afternoon snack. The recipe is just a bit different from one in On the Table in 30 Minutes.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 115g golder caster sugar
- 85g unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- 175g fresh raspberries
- 140g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir, before grating the butter roughly into the mixture and using a fork to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in a separate bowl and beat in the milk. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the egg/milk mixture. Stir gently until combined – try not to over mix. Fold in the raspberries and half of the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden, risen and just firm to the touch.
- After 2 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.