I made these at the request of my boy, who has told me for a little while that he likes these cakey treats, so I thought I’d give them a go.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 90g cold butter, chopped
- 160g sultanas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125ml milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Grease oven trays.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and sugar into a medium sized bowl; rub in butter, Stir in sultanas, egg and milk. Don’t overmix.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture about 5cm apart onto trays; sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes; cool cakes on trays.
Photo Credit: Lucy