This is the kind of dish I’d whip up when we’re running low on supplies or when the Mr. is out and I’m just cooking for myself. It’s super quick, super easy and still tastes delicious, so I always feel pretty satisfied when I’m done cooking and am actually enjoying the work I’ve put in. Especially on a weekend, when I like to pair it with a small glass of wine and catching up on Scandal. This recipe makes enough for one person, but you can double up for multiples.
- 100g pasta of your choosing – I used fusilli
- 10g butter
- Half a small white onion, chopped
- A large celery stick, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 50g cream cheese
- 20g grated hard cheese, like cheddar or parmesan
- Put your pasta on to cook following the packet instructions.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Fry for a couple of minutes, before adding the celery and frying for another couple of minutes, until both have softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they’ve released a little of their liquid.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add half of the other cheese and allow to melt. If the mixture is a little thick, add a tablespoon of pasta water to loosen it up.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the sauce and stir thoroughly to coat.
- Serve, adding the rest of the grated cheese on top.