This has fast become one of my favourite cocktails, and it’s going to become a regular order when I head out for an evening (not very often, I might add). But I thought that it would be a fun and simple one to try at home, as cocktails are something I’ve always been interested in getting more adept at making and we recently had a family gathering. It turned into a popular choice and we’re hoping to sample some more over the coming holiday weeks, so if you’d like to give it a try yourself, here’s a simple recipe. This one serves two and make sure to use the special mugs for extra effect!
- 100ml vodka
- 50ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cans of ginger beer
- Slices of lime, to decorate
- Put the vodka, lime juice and some ice (about 6 cubes) into a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Put a couple of ice cubes into two glasses or mugs.
- Strain the vodka and lime juice mixture into the glasses or mugs, evenly. Top up each with a can of ginger beer.
- Decorate with a slice of lime and serve.