I’m a big fan of soups at this time of year. It’s a great way to warm up on these cold winter days plus it’s a great healthy lunch, packed full of yummy veg. I’m always looking for new recipes to make a nice change to the generic carrot and coriander or potato and leek, so when I came across this one I couldn’t wait to make it and share the leftovers with my family. It’s only got a few ingredients and yet it’s packed full of flavour, so perfect when you’re looking for something easy.
- 8-10 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning
- 50g cashew nuts
- 800ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 8 and place a roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
- Put the carrots, garlic and olive oil into the hot roasting tin, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place the cashew nuts on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Leave them aside to cool.
- Blend the cashew nuts in a food processor until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Heat up the stock. Once the vegetables in the oven are cooked, add the stock, vegetables, cashew mixture and chilli powder to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from recipe in Be Body Beautiful by Lucy Mecklenburgh.