This lunchtime meal combines a few of my favourite things – brioche, bacon and avocado – and it makes for the most delicious sandwich that I have to resist making myself day after day. It’s not the healthiest, but avocados do contain Vitamins K, C, B5, B6 and E, as well as Folate and Potassium, so it can’t all be bad. Plus, taste has to mean something! You won’t regret putting one of these lovelies together every few lunchtimes, so give it a go. This will serve two people.
- 2 brioche rolls
- 2 large smoked bacon rashers or 4 thin bacon rashers
- 1 medium sized avocado
- Salt and pepper
- Grill the brioche buns until lightly toasted.
- Cook the bacon to your taste – my thinking is the crispier, the better. Cut in half widthways and put half on one half of one brioche roll and the other half on one half of the other brioche roll.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and put into a bowl with salt and pepper to your taste. Mash lightly with a fork before putting onto the other brioche halves.
- Join your two halves and enjoy!