Here’s a super simple recipe which will bring a bit of festivity to your 4th of July weekend. Nothing complicated, just an easy cookie recipe and a packet of the American limited edition M&Ms. This recipe makes about 12 cookies, so just double it if you want to make a bigger batch for a get-together. Plus, they take about 20 minutes to make, including baking time, so you can also whip them up for a last minute event. Adapted from On the Table in 30 Minutes.
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 120g soft light brown sugar
- 1 and a half tbsp golden syrup
- 175g self-raising flour
- 110g red, white and blue M&Ms, plus extra to top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and cover a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for a couple of minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the golden syrup, and mix again. Sift in the flour, and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the M&Ms, and incorporate into the mixture using your hands to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into approximately 12 equal sized balls and put them onto the baking sheet. Slightly flatten each ball with your hand.
- Add 3 different coloured M&Ms on the top each cookie, pressing into the dough slightly.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until light golden. Leave on the baking sheets for 2 minutes after coming out of the oven, before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.