photo credit: Lucy
I love me some pesto pasta! And I’ve come up with my own spin on it to make it even more tasty. I’ve cooked it for my sister and my mum, who both also thought it was scrummy, so it’s now become something of a speciality of mine (even if it is super quick and easy!) I’m now sharing it with you, just in case the feeling takes you and you feel like whipping it up for yourself.
– Cut some baby potatoes in half, put them in water and bring them to the boil for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
– Put your penne into some boiling water and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes.
– Whilst your pasta cooks mix some pesto with some low fat soft cheese; I used a variety with garlic and herbs. Put to one side.
– Chop some cherry tomatoes and a couple of spring onions and put them in a frying pan with a small amount of butter. Also add the potatoes once they’ve cooked and have been drained of water.
– Once your pasta is cooked add it to the pesto/cheese combination and stir well.
– Put the pesto pasta on a plate.
– Top with rocket, then the potato/tomato/spring onion mix, before finishing it off with a sprinkle of pine nuts.