I’ve always been a big fan of Lucky Charms cereal, but living in the UK it’s often quite expensive to buy due to the need to import it from the U.S. For this reason, I don’t tend to buy it very often and have it more as a treat every so often. I also love making milkshakes so when I found this recipe at How Sweet It Is, I had to make my own non-alcoholic version, using cream soda rather than the marshmallow vodka.
- 1 1/2 cups lucky charms marshmallows
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cream soda
- Marshmallow fluff spread
- Extra cereal for topping
- Blend the lucky charms in a food processor until powdery.
- Add the milk to a large bowl and add the lucky charm powder. Mix and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the marshmallow and milk mixture, ice cream and cream soda to a blender. Blend until combined.
- Pour the milkshake into glasses and top with a tablespoon of the marshmallow fluff.
- Sprinkle with extra cereal and serve.
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is.