What better to go with my outdoor dining post, than some recipes to make the perfect cocktails to help get the party going. These fruity refreshments are a great alternative to many alcoholic drinks as they are packed with healthy fruit juices that help curb the calories. If you prefer your punch alcohol-free you will find a tipple to suit your taste below too. So spend those summer nights sipping on these tasty cocktails with your nearest and dearest!
100ml/3½fl oz cranberry juice
500ml blood orange juice (Sanguinello)
Juice of 1 lime
Thin wedges of lime
Thin wedges of orange
600ml Appletise, sparkling apple juice drink
1. Put the cranberries into a medium size, rigid freezer container, cover with water (by about 2.5cm), freeze until solid.
2. Mix the cranberry juice in a large jug (about 1.5 litre) with the orange and lime juices.
3. To serve, smash the sheet of frozen cranberries into shards and put in the bottom of eight highball glasses. Put a wedge of lime and orange and a mint sprig in each glass, then pour in the mixed fruit juices and top up with Appletise.
recipe credit: bbc good food
1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
1 orange (unpeeled), thinly sliced
1 lime (unpeeled), thinly sliced
1 (8- ounce) can pineapple chunks packed in 100% juice, with juice
2 cups naturally flavored lime or lemon-lime seltzer or club soda
Sliced citrus fruit, for garnish
1. Combine the wine, orange liqueur, orange and lime slices, and the entire can of pineapple, including the juice, in a large pitcher. Stir, and store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
2. To serve, strain out the soaked fruit if desired. Pour the chilled seltzer into the pitcher, and stir to combine with the wine.
3. Serve over ice, and garnish with fresh sliced fruit.
recipe credit: cosmopolitan