I’d always planned on using marquee letters at my wedding. A few months ago I’d picked up some miniature wooden letters with the view to drilling the holes myself, filling them with some fairy lights and finishing them off with a bit of paint. That was until I discovered Marquee Love by Heidi Swapp, and it made my life a whole lot simpler. These white cardboard letters come with the holes already drilled, the LED lights already supplied and all I have to do is decorate them to my heart’s content. The letters come with a template that can be used to trace and cut out different card and paper in the specific shape to fit, and this will be perfect for after the wedding when I want to use the letters in my house and can use paper more suited to the room’s colour scheme. For now I have chosen to decorate them using shimmer paint to fit with the pink, lilac and baby blue theme. Here’s how I got on.
- Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Lettering set
- Thin white cardboard
- Plate for the paint
- Sponge brush
- Start by drawing around the shape template provided in the set of your chosen letter/number/shape on to thin white card, and cut it out.
- Paint the shape in your chosen colour.
- Once dry, push the clear bulb caps provided through the holes in your cardboard cut-out, then place the cut-out into your shape and push the bulb caps through the holes in the letter/number/shape.
- Next, turn your shape over and thread the lights as instructed in your set.
- Add 2x AAA batteries and light it up!