It’s always good to try new and different kinds of artwork for any blank walls you have, or to mix new stuff in with other artwork that you already own and have hung in your home. I’ve decided to change up a couple of the pieces above my desk, the original of which you can see here, so I thought it would be fun to not go with something standard or of the norm. That’s why today I’m bringing you a simple DIY to create your very own little pieces of art, and it’s something that only requires a few supplies.
- Three embroidery hoops – different sized ones look best
- A large piece of fabric – mine was 50cm x 55cm and I had some left over
- Thin marker pen
1. Place the piece of fabric pattern side down on a surface and place one of the embroidery hoops close to one of the corners. Use the marker pen to carefully draw around the hoop.
2. Cut out the circle, leaving a few milimetres around the outside.
3. Unscrew the fastening at the top of the hoop, leaving two separate pieces – one slightly bigger than the other. Place the slightly larger hoop on your surface, followed by the circular piece of fabric, followed finally by the smaller hoop.
4. Push the smaller hoop inside the larger hoop, trapping the fabric in between them and screw the top back together, securing it all in place.
5. Repeat with the other two hoops and display as you wish.
Photo Credit: Lucy