- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 60g full-fat soft cheese
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 12g white breadcrumbs
- 12g parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6). Oil the baking tray, and lay the chicken on the tray. Brush each chicken breast with a small amount of oil and season.
- In a small bowl, mix the soft cheese, garlic and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmigiano reggiano and chives. Season well.
- Spread the soft cheese mixture over the chicken breasts, and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top, gently patting into the soft cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked, and the topping golden brown.
- Serve as desired. I enjoyed mine with homemade potato wedges.
Recipe adapted from Mary Berry’s Cookery Course.