This is a super simple little table setting for you to use through the Autumn season, when pumpkins, even these gorgeous mini ones, are easy to find in most food stores. I love how they look set up with a simple black and white card, alongside wood and paper, as well as some pops of gold. And it’s using the spray paint I bought for the gold letter magnets I did in July, so it didn’t even require me to buy new supplies besides the pumpkins – always a plus in my book. Here’s how it goes.
- Mini pumpkins
- Gold spray paint
- A sharp knife
- Black card
- White marker
- Take your pumpkins and spray paint into a well-ventilated area – I went in my back yard, which is always the best bet – and cover the area you’re working in.
- Spray the pumpkins with one coat of paint, leaving to dry for between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on the individual spray’s instructions.
- Use a sharp knife (be very careful) and make a slit on the top of each pumpkin, about a third of the way back.
- Cut a couple of small rectangles out of the black card (I used a credit card as a template) and write your names on with a white marker.
- Push the card into the slits on the pumpkins and display on your table.