A friend of ours is in the process of buying her first house so we have been thinking of ideas of presents to buy her as a moving in gift. She is someone who really appreciates homemade gifts, I think because she doesn’t possess the same creative capabilities as Lucy and I. Having seen a can of frosting spray when I’d been out shopping for crafting supplies, I came up with the idea of creating a piece of wall art using a mirror and a thoughtful quote. It turned out exactly as we’d hoped and we know our friend will absolutely love the thought and effort that we have put into it.
What You’ll Need
- A mirror
- Frosting spray paint
- A4 white sticker
- Type your chosen words on to an A4 sized page in Photoshop. I used Brannboll in size 160pt.
- Print these words on to your A4 sticker and cut them out.
- Clean the mirror thoroughly and stick the words on in your chosen position.
- Take your mirror and frosting spray outside or to a well ventilated area. Completely cover the mirror using the frosting spray, following the instructions on the side of the can.
- Apply approximately 3 coats of the frosting spray, making sure that the paint is completely dry before applying each.
- Once the last coat is dry, slowly peel off the words one-by-one to reveal your masterpiece!
- Fix your mirror on your chosen wall using the fixings provided.